Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mark Spain Carmen

Mark Spain CarmenMark Spain Burning DesireMark Spain Blue Dress On GoldMark Spain After HoursMark Spain A Moment Of Tranquility
Some were going to die. She’d sensed their future deaths . . . the deaths of Esme Weatherwax. And couldn’t save them, because chance did not work like that.
On a million hillsides the girl ran, on a million bridges the girl chose, on a million paths the woman stood. ..
All different, all one“What about the lovely red and white pair I gave you on Hogswatchnight? I knitted ‘em myself. You know how I hates knitting.”
“Well, it’s a warm night. I likes to, you know, let the air circulate.”
“I had the devil of a time with the heels.”
“Sorry, Esme.”.All she could do for all of them was be herself, here and now, as hard as she could.She stuck out a hand.A few yards away the unicorn hit an invisible wall. Its legs flailed as it tried to stop, its body contorted in pain, and it slid the rest of the way to Granny’s feet on its back.“Gytha,” said Granny, as the beast tried to get upright, “you’ll take off your stockings and knot ‘em into a halter and pass it to me carefully.”“Esme...”“What?”“Ain’t got no stockings on, Esme.”

No comments: